Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Away From the Fam

Usually it's the other way around, I'm left at home with Babygirl and Babymama is enjoying much needed time away. This time around, by chance, the girls managed to get whisked away and I got left in the dust. They're at home and I'm away.


Well it didn't really happen like that, but here's the story. The Family and I decided to attend a wedding in western NY. Great wknd, caught up with old friends, stayed with an old friend, and when the wknd was over we were headed home.

Not an hour into our drive, the car just died, couldn't accelerate anymore, so I tried to start the car again, and nothing. Called 911 for the first time for a disabled car that was not a true emergency, and also txt-ed the girl who got married for the cell number of someone who was also lives in the same direction as us.

Lucky enough, the folks that live near us, probably left Western NY about half hour after we did, and was able to scoop up the girls and deliver them home by night, while I stayed back for the tow truck and wait up the inevitable repair that hopefully wouldn't take more than a couple hours the next morning.

Well next morning has turned into 2 mornings, and I hoping that it doesn't turn into a 3rd.

Obviously this has been upsetting for my girls, as well as everything else that was suppose to happen this week. Luckily work is fairly flexible so I can just cancel appts, and reschedule them, but I'm ready to blow this pop stand and get on home.

I don't know what my life has become here stuck in my friend's apartment, that I'm totally thankful and comfortable in, but I miss the chaos of Babygirl, pagers going off at night, riding my bike to work rain or shine, eating PB+J, falling asleep next to Babymama, Reading Babygirl books, etc.

It's probably a blessing in disguise that I'm apart from my family while I have mystery cold/flu like symptoms. That and my car is going to be like totally refurbished and ready to roll into it's 200,000th mile of life and more.




1 comment:

  1. We missed you, too. Plenty of time to catch up on those books :)

    ReplyDelete